This week’s featured question: How do I choose a good vibrator?
This is one of our most commonly asked questions. Different people and bodies find that they enjoy different types of stimulation, making it hard to put together a “one size fits all” vibrator recommendation - but our staff writer has still compiled an in depth discussion of what you should think about and consider - including some suggestions from our list of personal favorites!
When searching for one’s first vibrator, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Material: Opt for 100% silicone or hard plastic
- Size: Vibrators come in many shapes and sizes, with various purposes.
- Relatedly, where do you want the toy to stimulate you?: deep in the vagina, the G-zone/G-spot, the clitoris, the labia, the prostate, along the penis and testicles, outside the anus?
- Aesthetic preferences: while some prefer realistic-looking sex toys, others prefer their vibrators to look less like penises and more like, well, toys. Vibrators come in all colors of the rainbow, and many more!
- The texture of the toy: Do you want your toy hard and unbendy, or flexible? Do you want it smooth and silky to the touch, or with more drag?
- Is it battery-operated or rechargeable? What type of battery does the toy use, if any?
More details in the full article - click on the picture or this link to read our entire answer!